A circular hike in the heart of Lefka Ori massif (Lefka Ori means ‘’white mountains’’ in Greek, because of the limestone that reflecting under the Greek sun), the biggest mountain range of Crete.
The lunar and arid landscape of the mountain highlights the impressive summits that rising 2.000m above the sea. Through these peaks we will have the opportunity to admire great views into the mountain range and to the Libyan Sea and Gavdos as well, the Southest island of Europe.
The duration of the hike is approximately 6 hours (without the breaks) and it’s level is hard. Good physical shape is required.
Also, the approaching to the starting point of the path, from the last village, is demanding with off road vehicle.Book The Tour
- Walking sticks
- A bottle of water (0.75L)
- A little snack
- English speaking certified guide
Bring with you
- A windproof/waterproof jacket
- A hat on the summer days or a cap when the days are colder
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- A change of clothes
- Extra snacks and water according with your needs
- And of course your backpack