Pahnes is the second highest summit of Crete and the first of Lefka Ori. Situated in the south side of the Mountain range, the landscape around the summit, is a typical example of the Cretan word ‘Madara’ ( bared Mountains with no vegetation).
The view from the summit is breath-taking! From the South side we have unlimited view across the Libyan Sea and the southest island of Europe, Gavdos. From the others cardinal pointsour eyes are flooded by what the locals call a mountainous desert. A landscape full of high summits, small plateaus and bared mountain slopes.
The path to the summit is easy with no big ascent and it has been part of the E4 European long distance path.
- Walking sticks
- A little snack
- A bottle of water (0.75L)
Bring with you
- A windproof/waterproof jacket
- A hat on the summer days or a cap when the days are colder
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- A change of clothes
- Extra snacks and water according with your needs
- And of course your backpack